We believe that God calls us to be generous: with our time, our talents, and resources. At St. Mark, we believe we are called to give a tithe (10% of what we have) and beyond to support others. During our last fiscal year, our benevolence (sharing beyond St. Mark) totaled 17% of our overall giving receipts.
We hope you’ll consider giving part or all of your tithe to St. Mark. Use the links below to give digitally or read on for more information about different ways to give to St. Mark.
How to Give
- Give by check or cash in the offering plate during worship or mail your contribution to the church office at 1105 Grand Avenue, West Des Moines, Iowa 50265.
- Simply Giving (online donations)
- Set up automatic payments using Simply Giving, administered by Vanco LLC. Currently, we have 100 households contributing regularly through this program. Complete a Simply Giving Form and return to Chris Wirth in the church office so she can set it up for you (Simply Giving Form). Set yourself up by using Online Giving
- Interested in Give+Mobile?
- Download Give+ from the App Store
- Find our church in zip code 50265
- Give Now for a 1-time transaction
- Questions? Contact Christine Wirth
There are additional ways to help financially support St. Mark ministries without having to open your own checkbook. Here are some examples:
- Thrivent Choice Dollars
- If you are a Thrivent member and accumulate Thrivent Choice Dollars, don’t forget to direct your dollars to a charitable organization no later than March 31 of the following year.
- Are you affiliated with a company who provides grants to non-profit organizations? If you think that a St. Mark ministry could benefit from a specific grant program, please contact Chris in the church office.
Memorial gifts are a thoughtful way of honoring a family member or friend who has died. Memorial gifts may be given directly to St. Mark Lutheran Church or an outreach ministry when specified by the family.
All gifts may be sent directly to:
St. Mark Lutheran Church
1105 Grand Avenue
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Attn: Christine Wirth
Please include the name and address of the family member you would like us to notify of your gift.